November 15, 2008

Three Days of Reflection in Three Years

As I look at my journal page for today (which I have talked about before here) I have recorded thoughts on the following verses over the past three years with my thoughts in italics:

"then hear from heaven, from Your dwelling place, their prayer and supplications, and maintain their cause and forgive Your people who have sinned against You."
2 Chronicles 6:39 (NASB)
...I feel inadequate to lead, I struggle daily to meet your standards... 11/15/06
"I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned against Me and by which they have transgressed against Me."
Jeremiah 33:8 (NASB)
For without this graceful mercy, I am lost, I am helpless...11/15/07

"Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth."
1 John 3:18 (NASB)
He wants not just words which can be empty and cheap...11/15/08

I am seeing a pattern here. I am struggling with my own weakness year after year, but I pray I am making progress and am starting to focus on others needs as opposed to just my shortcomings.


No comments: