November 21, 2008

Guest Blogger---Me

I know that this is my blog, but this is the first time I have ever done a post on other than my laptop from home. So I may not be a guest blogger, but I am definitely on a guest computer.

The trip back east was uneventful and that is the word I like best to describe my air travel. Pretty much on time, no weather issues, no traffic snafus, no one needed to be sedated. The way I like it to be when I am in the air (I was in the air on 9/11, so the world being relatively calm when i am travelling is not always something I have experienced). We are in NJ, and it really is a lot colder here than Dallas. Although I am a born and bred New Yorker, I am no longer used to cold weather. I have forgotten how wintry weather feels. And it is only in the 30's, so it really is not all that cold and I am being a bit of a weather wimp.

It is great seeing family, but today I have some family business to attend to that is less than pleasant. My brother Tom and I need to look at assisted living arrangements for our parents. Not pleasant but something that will be necessary soon to make sure they get the care they need. And it is not something that will be easy to broach with them if we decide to do so this trip.
That is the only unpleasant thing we have to do, and I am glad we are getting it done early in the trip. After that, I look forward to time with family and the opportunity to talk about my faith and my Lord. I'll let you know if there are any interesting conversations. Talking about faith with family is often as difficult as talking politics. They know too much about me, and I them. But speaking in love is something we are called to do. And so we will.

Besides that, I'll just be eating way too much food.

No comments: