November 26, 2008

Learn: To Turn

In your yearning for and towards God, you may think you are clearly focused. Trust me there will be times when you are not.

I will not always immediately realize that I am off His narrow road. But when I do, I have to quickly drop that which is causing my continental drift and get back on top of things.

The key is staying centered in Christ, making Him the plumb line that drives you straight down the center of the path. And at times, the path of life narrows, making being centered in Him all the more important, making so much easier to drift off the path into the brambles of life.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:6 (NASB)

It is clear, He is the divine road map, whether it is the short or the scenic route you wish to take. The shorter path may seem to get you there quicker, but you will probably lead a richer life on the scenic route.


No comments: