November 6, 2008

Belief

"To believe is to commit. In the area of intellectual learning I commit
myself mentally, and reject anything not related to that belief. In the
realm of personal belief I commit myself morally to my convictions and
refuse to compromise. But in intimate personal belief I commit myself
spiritually to Jesus Christ and make a determination to be dominated by
Him alone." Oswald Chambers - My Utmost For His Highest - November 6

What do you believe in? What do you place faith in? What do you take stock in?

Intellectual pursuits are not enough because they are based on what humanity knows and that will fall short. Moral convictions are not enough because that is based on what a person believes is right and relying on self will fall short or lead you astray.

Only faith and trust in Jesus will get you where you need to be in your daily walk through life. It is through Him that you can make sense out of your pursuits and convictions. It is through Him that the words and thoughts of others may sing as loudly for you as it does for them.

His is the music we need to play, ever more loudly in a world that would seek to drown it out.


No comments: