November 5, 2008

Reflections From My Past

I have for the past three years I have been keeping a journal on a verse from Scripture from my daily reading. The journal is a 5 year one, one page has a little space for an entry for all 5 years, my journal ends December 31, 2010. I am going to have a lot of space left on the February 29th page, but that is not the point.

I get to record a daily reflection and look back to a year ago (and now two and soon three years) and see what was in my mind and what grabbed my heart and head on that particular day. Here is what happened on November 5, 2006.

Here is what I read:

"For nothing is hidden that will not become evident, nor anything secret that will not be known and come to light." Luke 8:17 (NASB)

Here is what I wrote:

"Nothing is hidden from God Almighty. He can and will reveal all. My life is an open book to Him, pages to be written on by Him, now that I have surrendered to Him the life I now live. Nothing is too small for Him to care for nor too big to handle."

Here is how I felt today:

God is in control and I have known it for years. He can handle the big stuff and I do not need to sweat the small stuff.


No comments: