November 19, 2008

The Conquering Zero

"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith." 1 John 5:4

So I have overcome the world , have I? So how come I still struggle daily with it? How come I do not always feel like a winner when I go out into it and up against it?

I have overcome by faith in Jesus, and in that faith alone. When I am struggling it is because my faith is just not strong enough at that moment to overcome the trials, temptations and tribulations that life has thrown at me. And God forgives me but at a cost:

"God does forgive, but it cost the breaking of His heart with grief in the death of Christ to enable Him to do so." My Utmost For His Highest - 11/19

So when I get full of myself I need to remember how it is I overcome, how poorly I do it alone, and what the cost was for me to prevail through Jesus.

Yeah, that's me. The conquering zero. I get nothing done on my own. I thank my Lord that He put me on the winning team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andy,
Ha Ha ha!This is hilarious! Thanks for posting it!

Blessings,
~Amy :)
Author of "Orphaned Into Belonging"
http://www.lulu.com/content/4781677
Walking In The Spirit
http://amyiswalkinginthespirit.blogspot.com