November 24, 2008

On the Road

Today we drive down to Virginia for more family visiting and to spend our Thanksgiving holiday before heading back to Texas. We like road trips and look forward to taking them. This one will be relatively short-250 miles-but it gives us a chance to spend some time together without the usual distractions of our daily life.

I think that is why I like them so much. That, and the fact that air travel seems to get less pleasant every time I do it. It probably is not the experience itself as much as it is that my tolerance level decreases in direct proportion to my aging. Another thing to look forward to.

I like visiting family, but I do miss my home. I guess you cannot have it both ways. The one thing that surprises me is that as much as i enjoy my classes at seminary, I really am enjoying the break. I hope the transition back to finish the semester is not too difficult. Makes me wonder how I will deal with going back to the spring semester after a 5 week break. Another issue for another day.

The one thing I am pleased with is that I find the time alone with the Lord that I feel I need daily. I always wonder whether I will be in the Word enough when I am traveling, but God does make sure I stay in touch. I am thankful for that.

I think it is so easy to get distracted when out of your regular routine. I am glad he does not get as easily distracted as I do. That would make life a lot more difficult if He did.

No comments: