November 26, 2008

A Glorious Day

I am enjoying today immensely, a day with family in Virginia. it will probably be in the 40s today(almost Arctic conditions for a guy who has spent the last five years in Texas). A crisp, sunny day.

It was a year ago today that I made the decision to pursue study at seminary based on changes in my business career.

And what a year it has been. I am ensconced in my studies (similar to immersed, but with the arms of a loving God wrapped around you) and getting near the end of the first term. I am heading into a Christmas season soon and looking forward to times of worship and prayer with my Lord. I am tinkering with ministry ideas and am excited about what the future holds as far as the Lord's plans for my life.

A glorious day, all in all.

And I want to share a verse that stuck in my mind a year ago as I read the Word in the morning:

Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. James1:27 (NASB)

Staying unstained, helping those who would be helpless without others. Sounds like a divine plan to cwork towards on a glorious day.

1 comment:

David C Brown said...

I love that word "ensconced" since I heard my father quote, "Christ is ensconced in the father's affections".