October 25, 2008

What I Read This Morning

I read two things this morning that are going to stick with me throughout the day.

"Be of sober spirit, be on the alert Your adversary,the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

1 Peter 5:8 (NASB)

"All of God's people are ordinary people who have been made extraordinary by the purpose He has given them. Unless we have the right purpose intellectually in our minds and lovingly in our hearts, we will very quickly be diverted from being useful to God."

Oswald Chambers - My Utmost For His Highest

They seemed to fit for me. I am His, I call Jesus my Lord and Savior. How could the devil devour me? If we do not keep Jesus in our hearts and minds like Mr. Chambers wrote, we can be diverted from His path. Think of the damage you can do if your walk in not in line with the witness you have given people. The damage if people watching you see a walk that does not line up with the talk.

The devil cannot grab me from God's hand, the grasp is too firm, the Hand too strong to be overcome. But diversion can lead to a loss of credibility in the eyes of others, even if it does not lead to any loss of love in the eyes of God.

So, I pray to keep my eyes on the narrow road. I desire to laugh and love at the lord's banquest, not be dinner for the devil.


No comments: