October 17, 2008

Ready, Aim, Pray

"Prayer is the battle, and it makes no difference where you are...When you labor at prayer, from God's perspective there are always results."

Oswald Chambers - My Utmost For His Highest

I do not think I look at prayer like that often. Prayer is always from my perspective, or from that of another I am praying for. I do not usually look at prayer solely from God's perspective.

He wants us engaged in battle with our sinful nature and the evil in the world around us, in battle within ourselves, amongst ourselves and around ourselves. If we are laboring at that, focused on talking to Him, then He is pleased with the effort, no matter what He has willed the result to be.

Jesus prayed continually, often alone, sometimes in deep inner struggle (think Gethsemane). To the Father it was fruitful, to Christ it was as well as He knew He did the Father's will.

If prayer is focused on God, foremost in our mind, aimed at the struggle we face in life, there truly is no unanswered prayer. For it is offered up to the glory of God.


No comments: