October 27, 2008

Mondays Certainly Have Changed

I love Mondays now. It is a good day for me. Hey, I just got up a few minutes ago after a great night's sleep. I have work to do, but usually nowhere I need to be specifically. I have deadlines to meet, but they are not usually on Monday. maybe Tuesday, maybe Sunday (oops) but not Monday.

A year ago, Monday was the day I dreaded. After having a few days off, it signaled the start of the week in a situation I was less than happy about. I would usually have a great Sunday morning at church, but that would start wearing off by mid to late afternoon. Then the familiar feeling would set in. A tenseness, a growing dread of the workweek ahead.

It was a shame that the day I spent the most time with the Lord turned into the day I started to think He was farthest from me.

What a dunce! He was there, getting me ready for the next phase of my life. I didn't always feel His presence because I was turning myself into a pretzel over the upcoming week instead of being quiet in the rest He had prepared for me.

I have apologized to Him many times for that, but the real proof of the sincerity of my attitude will be what I do with the rest of my life for Him, starting now, this Monday.

I love what He has done with my Mondays.


1 comment:

Laurie M. said...

Blessings to your and your wife this Monday.

I'm glad for the peace you've found.