October 31, 2008

In Blog We Must

Starting tomorrow I am participating in The Great Blogoff.
I pray I remember the rules. I pray I remember to play. I have no idea
what I will do with any points that accrue to and on my account.

It will be interesting to see if this inspires me to write for my blog,
whether the posts become longer and/or deeper as a result. Or if I will
just skim along the surface as I have been pretty much been doing since
the end of June.

In any event, it will be a focus and a discipline brought to my blogging that I have not had before, so I thank Caffeinated Thoughts for setting that up.

Let's see what the month of November has in store for me. Let's see if I am still blogging at the end of it.

For those of you who blog, I hope you have noticed the Bloggers Unite badge for their November 10th event near the top of the page on the right. I hope you post in it as well.

3 comments:

Laurie M. said...

I really enjoy your blog as it is, though I can understand your wanting to have a bit more focus. It all depends upon what you're hoping to accomplish with it. I enjoy your conversational tone, and feel that I'm hearing from a friend sitting around the kitchen table. I like that feeling. It's nice to know people's views and opinions, but it's also really nice to know the people themselves. Does that make sense? Take Al Mohler, for example, I love his blog, but I don't feel I know the man at all. And that's okay - he has a different sort of mission.

For an obsure, small-town woman like myself, blogging has a lot to do with keeping friends and family informed and connected - and has also, unexpectedly, ended up in the creation of several new and encouraging friendships.

Ancoti said...

Thanks for the encouragement.I take it as quite an accomplishment that a big city boy can write in a way that connects with a small town woman.I will try to keep the tone I have even if I dive deeper.

Do not change your blog tome either. I find it enjoyable to read and reflect on as well.

I agree what you say about Dr. Mohler, it is good stuff but somewhat impersonal.

Laurie M. said...

By the way, I'm only a "small town girl" by way of transplant. I moved to my small city after 28 years in Los Angeles and Orange County. All my youth I thought I'd never live anywhere else, couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I loved L.A. And now I'm here, well since 1992, and can't imagine going back.