- Our goal is to be mastered by the Bible, not to master it.
- Saved by Christ, that is the basis. Saved through Christ, that is the means.
- Christ came first to serve not to rule. So in the Upper Room, He took off His outer robe (sign of superior as Rabbi) and took up the towel (sign of subordinate as servant).
- The Psalter is a special Book of the Bible: recite the words as if you were speaking them to God, not someone else.
- Develop a clear sense of your mission so you can say "No" to the good and "Yes" to the best
- Our God is impossible to impress, but easy to please
January 23, 2009
Thoughts From Seminary-II
Some additional thoughts based on readings, assignments, lectures or comments picked up from my seminary studies: