January 10, 2009

Surrounded by God

But you will not go out in haste, Nor will you go as fugitives;
For the LORD will go before you, And the God of Israel will be your rear guard.

Isaiah 52:12 (NASB)

God is all around us. He watches out in front, protects our backs, He walks along side us. We may not always feel Him, but that is us, not Him. He is there.

It is a comfort to me to know the path ahead has been paved by His power, if only I have the strength and wisdom, the faith to tread it in the confidence of the Lord. The past is protected, He has forgiven me, He will wipe away my tears, if only I have the trust and faith in Him to accept what He has already done for me.

I can stay in the spiritual calm of the eye of His hurricane if I just walk along at the pace His track for me would run. The world is stormy, but my passage through need not be if I follow His course.

Front, back and alongside, He has me covered. If I just let Him do what He loves to do.

No comments: