January 10, 2009

The Upcoming


I have been sitting here this afternoon, alternating between some reading, some praying and some thinking about the upcoming days, weeks and months. Which is why I have been praying.

Have you ever felt on the cusp of some breakthrough in your life, a point of inflection where things are going to start moving forward in an ever quickening pace?

That's how I feel right now. That things are going to start accelerating, that the Lord is going to step up the tempo, and that I am going to have to push to keep up. Since He only gives us what we can handle, I may feel overwhelmed by it, but I will not drown, He will not let me.

It feels exciting. I am eager to start, anxious to begin, and I desire to serve Him as He has already foreseen.

Why do I feel this way today? I do not know why I feel like I am at the edge, ready to leap into His arms.

But I do. The hard part will be to be patient until His voice says "GO", softly but firmly, with a confidence, a surety that can only come from Him.

"Dear Lord, I want all that you have for me, but in your timing, not mine."

Wild, huh?

6 comments:

Sherri Watt said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have felt lately that I am at the beginning of something new about to begin. That I am on the edge of something big taking place. Maybe just in me, maybe what He is going to have me do. I don't know what it is. It is like He is pushing me forward to a higher level for a higher purpose. Strange feeling.

I found you on the Rediscovering the Church site.

God Bless!

Andy C said...

Thanks for stopping by. It is a strange feeling, but I also feel peace with the uncertainty at this time because He will reveal when He is ready.

His will not mine be done.

God's Not Finished With Us Yet... said...

You're right Andy; it is such a feeling of peace. I've been there myself a time or two feeling anxious and excited, yet curious and slightly fearful (only because I know God allows trials).

Right on the money; His will not ours!

Peter P said...

Hey Andy,

I think I feel the same way... I think so at least. As you know from my blog I'm a little confused about what I'm feeling/hearing right now.

I pray that God gives you the direction you need!

Peter P said...

Oh, and Sherri, I'm glad you've found Andy's blog. He's a great guy.

Andy C said...

Peter:

Thanks for the prayer and the vote of confidence!
we can support each other as we wait on the Lord.