December 16, 2008

Unanswered Questions

As I think about my faith, I think of the times I have doubts, that I lack the level of faith I should be giving my Lord. There are times that I question, that I feel I do not know with perfect clarity what I need to know to be completely faithful.

That doesn't surprise me.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6 (NASB)

For I am a work in progress as I stand here before Him.

Why should I expect a finite, imperfect mind to understand an infinite perfect God? Why should I expect a sinful being to fully comprehend a holy God?

It doesn't surprise, but it is not something I am happy about, because He deserves more. But it is more than I can give because I am broken before Him, and need Him to save me. So I cannot fathom all His purposes, and I struggle with that from time to time. But not enough to shake my faith, for that after all is what faith includes, accepting that which you cannot fully understand because you know it is true.

No comments: