December 6, 2008

Home For the Holidays

I like travel, but I hate traveling.I am very content to stay close to home and enjoy a quiet life at home, with my wife, seeing family and friends on familiar turf. Although the visiting of new places is fun, there is no place like home.

Like the shepherd in my profile picture, as I age I like staying on my own territory. It is comfortable with me, I am familiar with it.

We are planning to spend the Christmas holidays close to home, having made our family visits back East this Thanksgiving. I enjoyed family, but this old dog likes being home, in his favorite bed, eating his favorite kibble.

What I realize is my home has a physical address, it is in Texas. My home has a emotional address, it is the love of wife, family and friends. My home has a spiritual address, it is Jesus. My Lord, my Savior, My God. It is the third that fuels the second, the it is the third that is the foundation of the first.

I am home for the holidays, spiritually, emotionally and physically. And I know what makes it so.

1 comment:

Laurie M. said...

I'm a homebody,too, except for one thing: I love road trips!