December 10, 2008

The Awakening Day

It was a great picture driving to seminary yesterday morning. It was before sunrise, as the sky was getting lighter. A storm system was in the distance, I was heading toward it, but was not going to reach it. I could see flashes of lightning from time to time. One of the clouds was back lit by the rising sun, a real dark cloud with a cool patch of light behind it, hotter flashes of lightning around it. Skyline of Dallas off to the side.

I wish I had a camera. It was one of those views in which you say, "Oh yeah, there is a God out there and He is a spectacular creator". (The sky, clouds and storm part, not the Dallas part)

Here I am heading off to seminary and seemingly heading towards my Creator. A great mental picture to start the day. I was not heading towards a storm, I was heading towards the heavens. I was not in my car, I was gliding towards Him.

And then I got to go study the Word.

It does not get much better than that as a way to start the day.






No comments: