December 19, 2008

Getting Away From It All


It will be nice to relax over the Christmas holiday, do some visiting, do some festive celebrating, and do some reading that is not on someone's syllabus with a required date to finish.

It will be nice to get away from the routine of life and enjoy an extended period of I-really-do-not-have-to-be-anyplace-special-right-now-so-I-think-I-will-just-do-whatever-comes-into-my-mind-to-do.

Like this. I have a wireless mouse for my laptop. It has two buttons on the side that I thought were used to navigate between web pages. I am not sure, as I never use them. So, I pressed them today, throwing caution to the wind. This is what happens:

♠ This the symbol is what I get when I press what I thought was the forward button.

♦ That is the symbol I get when I press what I thought was the back button.

Nothing else seems to happen. Now, these symbols popping up in a blog post seems well, pointless. I must be missing something here. Unless I am going to try to incorporate some form of video Blackjack into my blog, what am I going to do with ♠♦ anyway?

I probably need this break more than I realize.

No comments: