December 15, 2008

The Infinite Lessen

I have been reflecting on the fact that God is an infinite God. All encompassing and of no end. I have been thinking about being sinful by my nature, a sinner by my actions and having that detract from the glory of God. It cannot no matter what I do.

If you take one away from infinity, you still have infinity. God is infinite with or without me or you. If I never came before Him to accept Jesus as my Lord and savior, God would still be infinite in His being.

Jesus died as a finite human because of the infinite love of His deity.Our sin grieves Him, but does not diminish Him nor His glory. He is the same without us, but it pleases Him for us to come to Him.

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 (NASB)

God wants us all to Him out of His love, not for any need for His glory to increase. He cannot be lessened by what we do (or do not do). He wants us out of love. We should want Him for the glory of God that comes into our lives.

We cannot lessen the infinite nor can we increase the infinite, we can only gain from it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We cannot lessen the infinite nor can we increase the infinite, we can only gain from it"

Amen brother!

Laurie M. said...

Another Amen!