December 2, 2008

The Only Port in a Storm

I read this verse a year ago today and wrote about it in my journal. There were a lot of changes going on in my life, and there have certainly been a lot since then.
But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head. Psalm 3:3 (NASB)
As I look at what is going on in the world around me, what is going on in the world within me, I am not amazed by the calm that has surrounded me because I think of a verse like this one and I know from whom all that calm comes to me.

There is so much uncertainty today, so much fear. My only advice to people is that whatever is going on, God is still sovereign. It may be that things are bad as a form of judgment and rebuke (think Israel at times in the Old Testament), or of testing and trial to temper our strength.

But it all comes down to what he wants at this particular point in human history.

What the future holds, and when, I cannot begin to imagine with any specificity.
But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
That is more than good enough for me.



No comments: