March 10, 2009

Watching the World, 140 Characters at a Time

If you are on Twitter, you know what I am talking about. I have been tinkering with it for the past few weeks and find it interesting. I do not think I will ever be twitterfreak like some folks I know, but I am closing in on a 1000 tweets (I know, a rookie), have more followers than I have Facebook friends (it is a whole different dynamic), I have sent a twitpic or two (I think I finally figured that out) and do enjoy the faster paced communication than you get on fb.

While I am not into microblogging at the speed of sound, it is interesting to blurt out bible verses and quotes about my faith to a large group of followers and watch them occasionally retweet to an even larger audience. Doing the same with someone else's Scripture or faith tweet and making the same snowball effect happen. Putting a hash tag on a tweet to flag it for people who follow that type of action. It is definitely an in the moment type of communication and who knows who will stop by and read something I tweet about the Lord.

Am I making an impact with it? Who knows?

But it is not for a lack of trying. Follow me.

No comments: