March 26, 2009

Christianity on the Down Low

Do you ever think about how bold you are in your witness for Christ? I know I am falling short of this:

Then they came to Jerusalem. And He entered the temple and began to drive out those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves; and He would not permit anyone to carry merchandise through the temple. And He began to teach and say to them, "Is it not written, 'MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER FOR ALL THE NATIONS'? But you have made it a ROBBERS' DEN."
Mark 11:15-17 (NASB)

Now, I am not saying you should head out with a cat o' nine tails and do some ministry. That kind of action requires real righteous anger, and I am sure none of us are righteous enough to emulate our Lord and Savior on that front.

But you can model Him in proclaiming His coming kingdom. One of the last things Hew said to His disciples:

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
Matthew 28:19-20 (NASB)

Jesus definitely did not keep His faith on the down low. Not even close. I just do not think we are doing our job.

No comments: