March 24, 2009

God's Timing in Our Problems

Some further musings from different years on the same day in my journal:

He said to David, "You are more righteous than I; for you have dealt well with me, while I have dealt wickedly with you.
1 Samuel 24:17 (NASB)

David chose not to kill Saul when an opportunity arose because he saw it as his timing and not God's. He chose to trust God's will and timing and not forsake it for what seemed like a huge immediate benefit.

For I was ashamed to request from the king troops and horsemen to protect us from the enemy on the way, because we had said to the king, "The hand of our God is favorably disposed to all those who seek Him, but His power and His anger are against all those who forsake Him."
Ezra 8:22 (NASB)


Ezra teaches of the wisdom of waiting on God's timing and trusting in His will. Although he wasn't referring to David in any way, how applicable is the wisdom of the passage to the situation David faced in the cave with Saul. Ezra and David could have turned to man, to self to solve a problem but waited for God's timing.

Are we waiting for God's timing as we face the troubles in the world today? As I look around, I cannot help but feeling that we are trying to solve our problems without God's help.

I cannot help but feeling that we are going to make an awful mess of it as a result.

Let us turn to the Lord in prayer and get ourselves on The Narrow Road.

No comments: