September 5, 2008

What is Truth?

As we move full speed, full time into the election cycle, I want to avoid political posts. But I am already tired of all the hoopla that is going on. I do not want to see 17 year olds dragged through the national media because of a mistake they made in life. From what I remember being 17 was tough enough without being chased like that. I do not want this election to devolve into issues of race or gender. I want it to be about positions and beliefs.

Voters should want the truth, not just their truth. I offer up some thoughts on this from a very familiar place.

"Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?""

John 18:38 (NASB)

(Hey, buddy! You are staring the Truth in the face!)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me."

John 14:6 (NASB)

(Too bad Jesus wasn't talking to Pilate here. But it answers the question)

And you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.

John 8:32 (NASB)

(Seems simple enough)

I pray for everyone to seek out the truth. Do not be someone who has the truth staring you in the face but you continue to refuse accepting it.

Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, "I do believe; help my unbelief".

Mark 9:24 (NASB)

(I guess He really does help those who ask)

Turn to the Lord, ask Him for help and sort out where we need to be as a nation; what you need to be as an individual; what the church needs to be as the body of Christ. If we do not seek out the truth, we will get what we deserve. Not much of a political post, but that's all I got for now.