September 9, 2008

The Discipline of True Obedience

We do have a tendency to jump into things without thinking does what I am planning to do really serve the Lord, I know I do that just about all the time. We lack a true discipline to obedience away from impulse to a reasoned approach to service to God and others.

Chambers reminds us in Utmost today that it is not Christ as Savior; but Christ as worldview, Christ as accountability standard, that we should be looking to. How many times do I think of Christ as my Savior and the Lord of my life, but then not follow through to be Christ-like in my intentionality, in my activity? Too many to bear counting.

I fall short at that level each and every day. I will continue to look for the transformation I spoke of earlier. And I will continue to try to get a little closer to His standard each and every day as I do.

No comments: