September 11, 2008

The Company You Are

"Notice the kind of people that God brings around you, and you will be humiliated once you realize that this is actually His way of revealing to you the kind of person you have been to Him."

Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest

Are you comforted or convicted by the company you keep? It is interesting to think in terms of what people are in your life, what you are doing in life that brings these people into it, how it is honoring or dishonoring God.

But while this is an interesting reflection, I went in a slightly different way with it this morning. What am I, as a person, saying by my presence in the lives of others? Am I comforting or convicting to them? What type of messenger have I become for God? It is not about me alone, but what type of mirror I am for others to see themselves in.

Think not only of the company you keep, but the company you are.

No comments: