September 6, 2008

The Source Of My River

I underlined a few passages in my reading from Chambers' My Utmost For His Highest today. I underlined them as I read, then I went back and read just those lines.

"A river reaches places which its source never sees...God rarely allows a person to see how great a blessing he is to others...A river is victoriously persistent, overcoming all barriers...The river of God overcomes all obstacles...Never allow anything to come between you and Jesus Christ...nothing must keep you from the one great sovereign Source...God has been opening up wonderful truths to our minds, and every point He has opened up is another indication of the wider power of the river He will flow through us..."

If I am faithful to Jesus, He will be faithful to me as He will. I may never know how He will use me, but I must remain faithful nevertheless, because He will use me.

And that is enough for me. Jesus is the source of my river.

2 comments:

David Porter said...

Andy,

Chambers is great, isn't he?

I watched your most recent chapel service, at DTS, last night.

Dr. Farmer is quite a character. I enjoyed his openness.

Didn't see you in the audience though. Where was the sign?

Ancoti said...

I got there late and was out of camera range. He was an engaging and entertaining speaker. I really enjoy those chapel services. To think they require attendance, as if we would not want to go on our own anyway!