February 10, 2009

Question Not/Judge Not

A couple of notes on two verses, three years apart to the day in my journal, somehow tied together a few thoughts that had been moving around the dustier parts of my brain recently:

So you shall keep My commandments, and do them; I am the LORD. Leviticus 22:31 (NASB)

We are not to question the Lord in His sovereign ways.

He said to the judges, "Consider what you are doing, for you do not judge for man but for the LORD who is with you when you render judgment. 2 Chronicles 19:6 (NASB)

We are not to judge others, that is The Lord's to do. If we need judge, do it in His name, not our own.

So how are those tied together you ask? (Fair question, I had to ask it of myself as well)

Things had been getting confusing for me the past few weeks, and I have to learn to come before God to seek counsel and not sit there trying to figure it out myself. And the thought that popped in and out of my head was that we are all confused in one way or another as none of us can buy into God's plan 100%, because we are sinners at our core. So I do not want to be judged by other sinners, struggling with their own issues, nor do they want my judgment. I am sure I have said or done things over the past few weeks that have made more than one person roll their eyes when I was out of earshot.

The problem with that is their own causing of noisy eye rolling in how they are living their lives. We are all in the same situation, the world full of the silence of noisy eye rolling, a deafening silence.

So we can question each other, but in love and sympathy, willing to accept the same.

So we are not to judge, but to try to hold one another accountable to what the Lord has laid out for us.

No comments: