February 23, 2009

Enduring Perseverance

Perseverance is more than endurance. It is endurance combined with
absolute assurance and certainty that what we are looking for is going
to happen. Perseverance means more than just hanging on, which may be
only exposing our fear of letting go and falling. Perseverance is our
supreme effort of refusing to believe that our hero is going to be
conquered. Our greatest fear is not that we will be damned, but that
somehow Jesus Christ will be defeated...Continue to persevere spiritually.

Oswald Chambers - My Utmost For His Highest


We endure life, but persevere in our faith. I had not thought of looking to separate enduring from persevering until I read this in Chambers. Life is what we have to go through, faith is what we have to cling to. Enduring seems to be in the earthly realm, persevering seems to be in the spiritual realm.


I have my faith, I believe I will continue to persevere. And with His help, I will endure as well.

Or maybe I am getting it all wrong. How do you see it?





No comments: