February 3, 2009

Enter His Rest

Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it.
Hebrews 4:1 (NASB)

Entering His rest. It hit me this week that it means listening to His voice. Following His will. Leaving my plans behind and following His. When I make my plans, plot out my life, that is when things do not work out. I am just not that good at figuring out the future.

After a few weeks of struggling within my own mind, I finally listened to His. And with it comes His rest, and the peace of mind of knowing that I am on the right path. Not that things are easier, just calmer and clearer to me. Life is still messy, but somehow I am cleaner, less clutter.

How long will this feeling last? I know the timing exactly. It will last until I start planning things on my own again and stop listening to His voice and staying in His rest.

No comments: