May 3, 2009

Strength in Patience

I am not by nature a patient man, never have been.

Patience is not the same as indifference; patience conveys the idea of someone who is tremendously strong and able to withstand all assaults.
Oswald Chambers - My Utmost For His Highest: May 2 Devotional

I also have not usually associated patience with strength, but more with a willingness to put up with stuff, usually unpleasant stuff.

3"For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay.
Habakkuk 2:3 (NASB)

The words I highlighted are the ones in the verse that Chambers stressed. It is a convicting point to me; a lack of patience is more than just a failure of my strength, it is a failure of my faith.

As I move through the week, looking to wrap up the school term, looking to lay out what I will be doing the next few months, I need to keep in mind that waiting on the Lord is the strength I desire, the faith I require. Nothing less is needed, nothing more is required.

As you think about moving through the upcoming days, weeks and months ahead; what requires yuor strength in faith, but more importantly, how are you going to go around to getting it?



No comments: