May 24, 2009

Before Time

Before time I was. No, I am not claiming to be divine; I was before time because God made it so:

16Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
Psalm 139:16 (NASB)

Before He created time, God ordained the days of my life. Not just me alone, He did this for all of us. Psalm 139 is a wonderful Psalm when think of the preciousness, the sanctity of life. If God would ordain each and every life to the fullness of the days we are to live on this earth even before He created time, how can we not treat it with the utmost value, respect and love?

Some may say that since the fullness of days is ordained, there is nothing we can do to change things, but I find that a fatalistic and somewhat arrogant stance. Who are we to know what the fullness of days is? Are we not to live each day as it is our last, for only God knows which one truly is our last?

It is not for us to end life, that is for God to ordain. It is not for us to determine life, God took the time to do that before He created time. It is for us to live it to His glory each day to the fullest of our ability, and let the fullness of our lives be in His hands.


No comments: