April 4, 2009

Tweet Me Closer, Tiny URL

Every once and a while my poetic gene surfaces for a brief, shining moment. This is not one of those moments:

Network seller, lousy speller, junkie for broadband.
Bleary eyed, phony smile, pwned by an unknown man.
Mac or PC, you must have seen me running down the street.
And now it is me, always 140, tiny url in my tweet.

Tweepie freaks out in the street,
Taking twitpics oh so sad.
Replying back just for laughs,
The internet is not that bad.

TCOT man he makes his point
In the #discussion.
Looking on we all RT the view,
The words we like, the point that wins.

But oh how it feels so real,
Tweeting here with no one near.
Only you, and you can't see me.
When I type softly, slowly

Keep me shorter tiny url,
Count the keystokes on the tweetdeck.
Pump me up with shots of caffeine,
you had a busy day today.

Network seller, lousy speller, junkie for broadband.
Bleary eyed, phony smile, you'll be pwned by an unknown man.
Mac or PC, you must have seen me, running down the street.
And now it is me, always 140, tiny url in my tweet.

Hummed to the tune of Tiny Dancer by Elton John with extreme apologies.

To those who do not use or understand Twitter, my extreme apologies.

To those who do, even more apologies.

No comments: