April 11, 2009

Have You Seen Him?

Jesus appears to those for whom He has done something, but we cannot order or predict when He will come. He may appear suddenly, at any turn. Then you can exclaim, "Now I see Him!" (see John 9:25 ). Jesus must appear to you and to your friend individually; no one can see Jesus with your eyes. And division takes place when one has seen Him and the other has not. You cannot bring your friend to the point of seeing; God must do it. Have you seen Jesus? If so, you will want others to see Him too.
Oswald Chambers - My Utmost For His Highest: April 9 Devotional - Have You Seen Jesus?

As I think about this time of year and the significance of what the Lord did for us, I wonder about blindness, my own included.

Am I seeing Him as clearly as he would have me? Am I pointing Him out to others, hoping and praying that they see what I do?

Am I not only seeing and pointing, but am I making noise about it? No one can see Him with your eyes, but are you helping them look in the right direction?

No comments: