February 1, 2010

Where Does It Come From?

Where do we get the ability, the means, the power to accomplish things in our life that once done seem beyond our abilities and comprehension? Below are two verses from my journal that I reflected on a year apart which touched on the same thing:
And behold, I Myself have appointed with him Oholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and in the hearts of all who are skillful I have put skill, that they may make all that I have commanded you: Exodus 31:6 (NASB)
The LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Exodus 4:11 (NASB)
In the first verse Oholiab is appointed to work on the tabernacle and the ark of the covenant; in the second God is telling Moses to go forth and be His spokesman to Pharaoh. Both accomplished things beyond there ability and comprehension; they did what they did and how they did it because they were divinely appointed to it. Two verses in Exodus studied a year apart to the day telling me (at least in my mind) what it is I am to do when it is His will I am following.

So how do we accomplish all we set out to do if we think it is an impossible task? Step one - make sure it is God's will for you. Step two - go do it because He told you to.

So, for a couple of days in a row, I am getting a clear message that I need to seek Him always, and seek Him first; and when I seek Him, He is all I need.

I guess I must have wandered a bit off The Narrow Road as of late. And that is dangerous when you do not know it has happened. But He is good and gracious to put us back on the path.