February 4, 2010

The Hand

The Hand of God touches us all, no matter who we are, nor where we are. There really is no escaping Him. That though came to me as I reflected on the following verse in Scripture:

When Pharaoh does not listen to you, then I will lay My hand on Egypt and bring out My hosts, My people the sons of Israel, from the land of Egypt by great judgments. Exodus 7:4 (NASB)
Then the magicians said to Pharaoh, "This is the finger of God." But Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he did not listen to them, as the LORD had said. Exodus 8:19 (NASB)

Pharaoh might have planned on the hand of God in his life, but it was there. Moses might not have either, but there God was. Different times in their respective lives, surely; different results in their lives, most definitely. But God shows up. Always. And it might even be as you breathe your last, but if that is the first time you feel His hand, that is going to be an uncomfortable time for you I would think.

You will feel the hand of God, we all will. But I cannot tell you when.

But will it be a handshake or a head slap?

You tell me. And be honest with yourself.