February 27, 2010

Opening Up Your Heart

Just had the third weekend in a row where we had some overnight guests staying at our home. What a tremendous blessing each and every stay, each and every guest has been.

The growth one can experience by putting oneself in the path of others is amazing. A small gesture of hospitality to show a little glimpse of your humanity, and the Lord opens up the doors to your eyes, ears and heart. Because opening up your heart is reflecting God's heart within you. Too often in the past my heart has been like the one above, a little prickly, a little thorny, a little hard to get close to as a result.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10 (NASB)
I have found that taking up the task of helping others always results in huge benefits to you, as an individual, as a member of the community, as a heartbeat within the body of Christ. I have found it is infinitely more joyful to have a helping heart than to have any other type.
As in water face reflects face, So the heart of man reflects man.
Proverbs 27:19 (NASB)
Now all I need do is to remember to be this way...always.








Technorati Tags: , , , , ,