February 26, 2010

Equal Time

Stopped into my local Starbucks yesterday morning and saw something I never say before and which I do not understand. There was a gentleman there, in front of me on line and when he got his coffee he went over to the area where the cream and sugar is to put his stuff into it. I came over with my coffee and he was still doing his thing. I looked and he had three groups of Equal packets in front of him.

Each group had 2 or 3 packets, not really sure, but somewhere between 6 to 9 packets (my best guess is 8) in front of him. He begin tearing them open and pouring them in, 2 or 3 at a time. All of them, into that same cup of coffee. I cannot imagine what it tasted like. Some sort of chemico-caffeine soup I should think. I have nothing against Equal, have never used it, do not know what it even tastes like.

He left, I didn't have the energy or heart to ask him what is going on. I guess we all make choices, all have our tastes in life.

Mine is a cup of coffee with a splash of half and half. His is clearly something else. But to me, that was some sort of record for sweetener, in the artificial or natural sugar categories. If I was going to use that much, I guess I would use the real deal.

Whatever gets you through the day.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,