January 31, 2010

Convergence of Thought

This year I am once again working through My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers. I am also using Handbook to Scripture by Ken and Karen Boa as a Bible reading guide for 2010. Here are some thoughts out of yesterday's readings that converge quite nicely in my mind:

Teach me to look to You alone as my source of provision in all things, and not to put my hope in people, possessions, or circumstances to deliver me.
Handbook to Scripture, Day 30


Never ask another person’s advice about anything God makes you decide before Him.
My Utmost For His Highest - January 30 Devotional


The Lord made it clear to me yesterday, when He is speaking to me, to seek not the advice of others. I am not sure not seek wise counsel, for I think to do so is biblical, it is all over Proverbs as an example. But what I took away from the above is that at the point you are on your knees before God, seeking Him and listening for and to His voice, that is all you should be doing.

God's place is everywhere, we need to know our place and that of those around us.

Once we are before God, God must be before anyone else.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,