August 12, 2010

It's A Bird, It's A Plane, Better Yet, It's Mr. Softee!

Here is a blast from my past, there is now a Mr Softee truck making the rounds in my neighborhood here in DFW. Why they even have a Facebook page for the group here in Texas. I grew up hearing the sound of the Mr Softee jingle (it's the same) and seeing the Mr Softee truck parked in the neighborhood (the truck has to be different, but it sure looks the same) dispensing ice creamy goodness in cones, shakes and sundaes. Let me not wax rhapsodic nor euphoric. Let me not get started.

For someone who could lose a few pounds and then some, this is not a good thing. This is a challenge that will be met by a large measure of guilt, which is matched in silky seductiveness by a twist double cone. Ah yes, it is a great country we live in. I think Mr Softee is one of the major reasons we won the cold war and the Berlin wall came down in 1989. I'm just saying.

So here's to childhood memories, especially when they can be revisited as an adult and there is little any can do to stop the indulgence in said memories.