September 1, 2010

Moving Forward Or Falling Back

This past weekend I experimented with mobile blogging, just two quick posts. I must admit, it leaves a lot to be desired, but I guess it may have some applicability to my blog if I am overly mobile and need to blog on the run, in which case it is probably good that the blog posts have to be short. In my condition, I would not be able to run all that far before the process of breathing would take up so much of my attention and strength to make the possibility of continued blogging a far fetched concept.

But I thought I would try it (jury is out, but the early reviews are not enthusiastic. Which is ironic since I like short blog posts. But I guess maybe not that short). At least the capability is enabled and available to me. And isn't that important today, to have things available to us, whether we want them or not; whether we use them or not. It seems that's when we get most agitated, when we lose access to something available, whether we really need it or not. We are beyond wanting things we need, beyond wanting things we want; we are at the point of wanting things we want to want.

As I reflect on this, it seems like I have to move forward or I begin to lose precious ground, at least as far as the world is concerned (at least as far as the world is concerned when it isn't concerned about wanting the things it wants to want).

Progress, per se, is not bad. Progress for the wrong reason is. If I can use this to communicate better on this blog, so much the better. If it is just another bell and whistle available to my whim and fancy, it is not all that good. Not at all. I do not like change for change's sake (no more than I like want for the sake of wanting to want).

So where do I look for progress first and foremost? In my faith:
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6 (New American Standard Bible)
If He stops my forward progress, I have big problems. Because His is progress for the good, not change for change's sake. So it is change that I want, and more importantly, change that I need.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,