September 9, 2010

Living Water

With all the weather we have had here the past two days, I have driven quite a bit in heavy downpours and flooded roads. Fortunately, I did not experience any of the tornado activity that touched down around the Dallas area yesterday evening, just the driving rain and flooding of the morning. I thought of this verse after I got home yesterday:
Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."
John 4:10 (New American Standard Bible)
Living water. Strong, moving, irresistible. It can often be turbulent, it is always powerful.

Living water. We can be swept up and along in it.

Living water. Offered freely by Jesus to all of us who thirst so much for it.

This is not the soothing sound I mentioned a few days ago of gently moving water. This is strong, firm movement; a force to change everything in the path it is taking. I am thankful today that after yesterday I will never think of this verse and others mentioning living water quite the same again. I will think of the power, the force, the life changing nature of the living water he offered. Of the living water I have accepted from His loving hand.

Living water. Let it flow through your life.

Technorati Tags: , ,