September 17, 2010

In the Presence of the Lord

Had a great drive into work this morning, watching the sun rise as I headed down I-635E towards Dallas. A great sunrise, wish I could have taken a picture, but that is not advisable when you are doing 60 (in the slow lane) down the highway in DFW.

I wish I could have taken a picture because it was a good representation of what I felt this morning; I felt the presence of the Lord in my life. Nothing dramatic (no thunder or trumpet) but the soft assurance that He is in my life and He is sovereign.

It was a great feeling to have, I hope it stays with me all day as I move about my routine on a Friday.

It is so good to know that He is always present, but even better when you feel Him close by. My day has a smile on it because He chose to show me that He cares for me deeply today.

I don’t know why it was today, but I am immensely grateful that it was.