June 8, 2009

Salvation

Friday afternoon I went to see a movie with the term salvation in the title. I enjoyed the movie, but it was not salvation in the terms I usually think of these days. Ultimately, it was about humanity saving itself from the actions of humanity (although the bad guys were the machines, you have to remember where they came from).

We cannot save ourselves or save each other, we cannot save a thing in this world.

7But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
2 Peter 3:7 (NASB)


We can save nothing for any length of time that would be meaningful in divine terms. For only eternity has any real meaning for purposes of salvation.

True salvation comes from one place only, faith in Jesus Christ.

I need to maintain an eternal mindset when I think about where I am going to wind up. There is salvation and it is from the one man, Jesus Christ.


No comments: