February 11, 2011

The Burning Continues

As I worked through a bible study I am participating in on line, I was struck with the thought today of how easily I can get annoyed, or upset, or angry with things that I feel are done against me.
Burning indignation has seized me because of the wicked, Who forsake Your law.
Psalm 119:53 (NASB)
But do I burn with such intensity when I see the actions that people take that go against God? I have to admit, my fires burn hotter for the same slights against myself more times than they rage for what is done against His holy name and sovereign will.

So I need better fire control, not necessarily fire prevention. I want the burn to be hot, but for the Lord not for myself. More of a controlled burn, anger under control, an indignation for what is righteous and ignored, not a self righteous indignation for what I feel for me.

I also need to thank Barry at who am i? for pointing out a couple of days ago that however hot our fire burns, we must not lose sight of Jesus. 

Always let your fire illume and not obscure you sight of the Lord.