March 21, 2011

I Can Do It

For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach.
Deuteronomy 30:11 (New American Standard Bible)

The Lord will not ask me to do what I cannot do; He may very well ask me to do what I think I cannot do. There is a huge difference between those two.

What I always have to remember is that He is sovereign and His will be done. When I struggle with His will, it is because of my sinful nature, my doubts and my desires which make me think I cannot do what he wants me to do.

Of course I can, and we both know it (and He knew it long before I did).

The will of God is not beyond my grasp, but He will stretch me more than I think I can to be obedient to His will.

I need always remember who is actually in control around here.

And  it isn't me.