December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas

Yesterday it was the first day of winter and here where I live in Texas, it hit 85 degrees. OK, so we are off to a warm start to this winter season, but it has already  dropped down to a high of about 60 today, so we are heading in the right direction. My Christmas morning scene will not look like this.


Not exactly a White Christmas this year, but this season has never been about the weather, it has been about Christ.


I am looking forward to a quiet and long Christmas weekend, starting tomorrow, with my wife. We will send a lot of time together alone (I like that a lot) and a lot of time with our Lord (I like that a lot as well). We will not be visiting family this year, I like to have a Christmas once in a while in my own home, not on the road visiting. Christmas to me is a state of mind not a physical location (unless that location was to be in the eternal physical presence of God. Which it will one day, but not yet it seems), so I am cool with a quiet Christmas in which I can really seek out the Lord and thank Him for what this season means.


I pray that wherever you are, and whatever you are doing this Christmas, your thoughts turn often to Christ, the true reason for the season.


Merry Christmas to all.