October 7, 2010

Quiet Time

I love my quiet time with the Lord, early in the morning, before the sun is fully up, before everything else is stirring.

I will adjust the time I get up to spend time with the Lord, the earlier I have to be someplace, the earlier I get up for quiet time. I must say, that has led to some very early quiet times over the years.

It is ingrained in my day, the few times when I miss my quiet time, I do feel out of sorts for the rest of the day. I need that daily time of prayer, reflection, reading of the word, meditation, and just having a conversation with God, just the two of us. I love this pisture I took at the Grand Canyon a few years ago at dawn, it is a good mind picutre for me to focus on when I think of quiet time, standing here at a quiet time, taking in the stunning beauty of the Lord's creation.

I feel that if I am going to hear that soft, still voice leading me, coaching me, prompting me toward action (or in my case, more probably inaction on a particular item), it is going to be during these early quiet times of the day.

The only regret I have about my quiet times is that I always feel like I should have let them last just a little bit longer.