- Telos Bible Church . My good buddy and first pastor, Bernard Bourque is the senior pastor here, and if you are ever in Branson, MO looking for a place to get some great bible teaching, here it is
- Kanakuk Institute . Another friend, Keith Chancey, started this organization, and if you want to meet a fantastic group of men and women, recent college grads, with tremendous heart to serve the Lord, check them out
- Evantell . The Gospel. Clear and Simple. I cannot say enough about what Larry Moyer and his team do here. Focused, direct and clearly having eyes on Jesus, and Him alone
- NeedHim. Maybe you have seen or heard their advertising. If you ever need someone to talk to about your faith, they have volunteers staffing the phones around the clock. Drew Dickens and team do a super job
- 121 Community Church . My home church. Where I go to be refreshed everyweek in the word of God. If you are near DFW airport some Sunday morning, stop by and visit, hear Ross Sawyers preach and teach.
Why do I mention these organizations? Like I said, I like the people. Also, we need to recognize, we need to acknowledge the community from which we get encouragement, from which we gain affirmation, from which we draw strength for the daily battle. These are some of the people who have made my walk on that narrow path a little easier to navigate over the past few years. I want to thank them, I want to tell them to keep doing what they are doing.
I could make this journey without people like them and finish, for I have the Lord by my side. But the trip would not be as rich if it is devoid of community like this. I encourage you to think about the community that surrounds you, to affirm and celebrate it. There is no need to make your own journey alone.